This morning I called the Town Council to discover the problem (update on post #86) was due to the gate-valve, which allowed water to flow into the tank, was faulty. No one was aware of the problem until the water in the tank was used up.

Apparently this problem is the purview of the Town Council instead of the PUB.

It appears many government agencies had farmed out or outsourced their responsibilities. Why?

I had assume anything relating to technical or mechanical aspect of the matter should be addressed by the PUB rather than Town Council.

So what is the role of the PUB? Collecting money on the bills? To ensure the water is clean? What about the efficiency in the flow of water to the households? Is this the external contractor’s job?